The newest player on Bangkok’s shopping mall scene is here! Recently opened in November 2018, Iconsiam aims to be the city’s biggest retail experience. It’s located on the Thonburi side of the Chao Phraya river, with a retail development and riverside promenade. The additional event space and residential zones are not open yet.
KEY ATTRACTIONS OF ICONSIAM
- Siam Takashimaya: It’s the first time this famous Japanese department store comes to Thailand. The 7-story Siam Takashimaya boasts over 36,000 sqm of space. Its aim? To offer an authentic Japanese shopping experience. Foodies are excited about the full-scale Japanese food area featuring traditional brands.
- JD Sports: Sneakerheads and serious sport fans listen up! JD Sports is known as one of the top sports retailers in the UK. This flagship store offers their full range of products and services.
- Apple Store: It’s true, Bangkok’s first official Apple store is here! Shoppers can experience the latest Apple goods themselves at this flagship store. Another perk? Attending free daily “Today at Apple” sessions to learn new skills or tips.
A paradise for the hungry
The food zone: It’s the not-so-secret highlight of every Bangkok shopping mall! At Iconsiam, the 6th floor has a lavishly-decorated and ample “Alangkarn” dining zone. Enjoy over 17 restaurants, 4 cafes and 12 international fine dining restaurants!
How to get there
By boat, BTS or bus, there’s always a way to reach Iconsiam! Here are our recommended routes from ibis Styles Bangkok Khaosan Viengtai.
- By Public Boat. Get on the Chao Phraya Tourist Boat (Blue flag) from Phra Athit pier. It runs daily from 9:30 am – 9:30pm. Iconsiam has its own pier.
- By Iconsiam’s own free shuttle boats. Boats run every 10 minutes. Get on these piers- Sathorn pier, CAT building pier, Si Phraya pier and Ratchawong pier. Operating hours are from 9:00 am – 11:00 pm.
- By BTS. Get off at BTS Saphan Taksin, exit 2 and transit by boat at Sathorn pier (every 10 minutes). Another option is BTS Krung Thonburi. After exiting the station you can transit via minibus.