Did you know that Bangkok’s largest public library is only a 5 minutes walk away from ibis Styles Bangkok Khaosan Viengtai? Only recently opened since 2017, this refurbished 3-story building is a bookworm’s paradise! Discover over 40,000 different books and 1,000 e-books in its almost 5,000 sqm space. It was built to encourage reading in Thailand along as to honor Bangkok’s 2013 UNESCO title as the World Book Capital. As with any modern library, free wifi is available along with an activity space, study room and coffee shop. Another tip: Residents of Bangkok can make use of their annual memberships.
Browse through local and foreign language books and magazines, or bring junior to enjoy the children’s literature section. Did you know? There’s also a selection of books on the Thai Royal family and their various initiatives. Another highlight: Hard-to-find reading material that has been donated by embassies from overseas.
So be sure to catch up on your reading in this highly relaxing and photogenic spot, a calm oasis in Bangkok’s hustle and bustle.
– Less than 500 meters away from the hotel! Located on Ratchadamnoen Avenue.
– Open Tuesday – Saturday from 8 AM – 9 PM, from 9 AM – 8 PM on Sunday. Closed on Mondays.
– Free entry, borrowing books and annual membership at cost.
– Official website: www.bangkokcitylibrary.com
– Phone number: 02 282 0680